Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Master of the Street Parking

Yes! I have finally mastered street parking in San Francisco and especially in our neighborhood. The street cleaning crew comes around the neighborhood at different days and times. The street in front of our apartment is no parking on Tuesday 10-12 (but you can park there after the cleaner goes by). The side streets are Mon 7-8 on the left and Wednesday 7-8 on the right. The street behind our block is Mon and Wednesday 7-8. It's not that complicated, but it's annoying that San Fran cleans their streets so often.

Back in Boston, Hemenway Street was never cleaned and the side streets were the first Friday of every month. Now that's more my style. Sean's lucky that Ty and I are home to move his car. So back to mastering the street parking. I managed to finagle a great spot almost in front of our apartment. I realized what my neighbors been doing and I followed their example. I feel like most of them don't work or work from home. They would move the car to the opposite side of the street and wait for the street cleaner to come by. Once they pass the block, they would run out and park their car back on our side of the street. I did that today and I got the same spot. Nice.

I just finished another phone interview. Same company as yesterday, but different people. Must be good. I'm very excited for co-op. To think I was about to give it up. I had a different company call me at 6 am. They didn't know I was in Cali. I was instantly awake and it went really well. I am good with interviews. After two co-ops and 6 interviews, I should be. Thank you to my amazing co-op coordinators.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patti, what is the name of the company that you are interviewing with?

Oh, by the way, can you ask SEAN to PLEASE call me!!!

What's up with September rental too. Have Sean or Ty done anything about moving to a new place?

Oh, by the way (again!), where are the pictures of the condo you are living in that you were supposed to post here? If you have another blog that I can go search on let me know.

See you soon. Mom McD