Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First Day in San Fran

First, I would like to mention that we made it safely to our apartment. The place is nice. Though the owner definitely put too many pieces of furniture (mostly IKEA) in each room and didn't really clear his stuff out. Ty's still up putting things in order in his room (the office room). He has a futon bed, a desk, and lots of shelving space. Said shelving space has tons of books on it. They are being relocated to his closet. The living room is okay. It has two couches (which I think is unnecessary when you actually see the set up). There is a huge tv in the living room but no HD channels. Sad story, but we can do without.

Our room has two huge storage units, a walk in closet, and a bureau. We're not using the bureau so we're using it to store the owner's random stuff like towels and bedding. We brought our own. I prefer the ones we have instead of using someone else's.

There are two bathrooms. I should say one and a half bath. The shower is amazing. I'll post up pictures so you can see it. The smaller bathroom will be where we brush our teeth. The kitchen is kind of similar to the living room in that it has too much furniture in a small area. We plan on moving one of the end tables into our bedroom. The water heater is also located in the kitchen. I wish there was some sort of screen to put in front of it. The refrigerator is practically new. It has this cool feature that allows access to necessary stuff through a small opening in the door. Pictures to come.

After moving in we explored a bit of our neighborhood. I surmised that it's more like a college part of San Fran. It has that feel to it. I had an eggplant parm sandwich while the guys shared a pepperoni pizza. Then we walked up and down the block behind ours. Sean decided to go joy riding through San Fran at 11:30 pm. Ty and I went along. We also brought the GPS (Tom Tom) because we clearly had no idea where to go in the city. It was really nice. We saw a lot of sites... the winding road, Pier 49, Golden Gate Bridge, some awesome scenic route, and downtown San Fran.

Okay I'm going to bed now. It's 1 am and I'm beat. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guys, where are the pics!!! I miss them. It makes me feel as though I there as a fly on the wall! Ha, Ha! Boy, do I wish. According to Big Kev, the weather in San Fran is very similar to CT so you just need to wait a while and I guess it will warm up. Keep posting, Patti!!! It's fun to read and see what you guys are up to. I am glad you made it out there safely without incidence. All my love to the three of you! Mom McD