Thursday, July 31, 2008

Updates about Sean, Ty, Cheesecakes, and Parks

So let's begin. Ty hasn't found a job yet in San Fran. He's been to an interview that I know of. It went okay, but a lot of the jobs he's looking at requires a car (and he doesn't have one). He was thinking of finding a part time job while he's searching for the right job. I hope that makes sense.

As for Sean, he's a busy guy. He's gone for pretty much 12 hours of the day. When he's around he's tired and about 2-3 hours later he's already in bed. So not much to report. From what I hear he's really enjoying his co-op and he's surrounded by pretty cool people.

Mom McD, I'm not sure who reads this blog, but I'm sure you're not the only one. I believe you are the only one that comments, which is fine by me. It keeps me on my toes.

Yesterday we decided to go to The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate their 30th Anniversary and to get $1.50 slices of cheesecake. Ty and I waited 2.5 hours while Sean only waited about an hour (he got there late). The food was delicious. We had Buffalo Blast and Fried Calamari for appetizers. Ty had a Double BBQ cheeseburger or something like that. Sean had some Spicy Beef and I had Shrimp with Angel Hair pasta. There was so much food and great bread. We had to take our cheesecakes to go. On the way out a homeless man was asking for food. Knowing I wasn't really going to eat my pasta (I only took 5 bites of it, I was so full) I gave the man my food. It was going to a more appreciative stomach. I rather give away food than money. My good deed for the week. I thanked Sean later since he paid for dinner. Good karma.

Today I sat in the Strybing Arboretum in the Golden Gate Park and read Left Bank by Kate Muir. I think the book is okay so far. I didn't know anything about the book going in. It just looks interesting. While in the park I fell asleep and when I woke up I was watching a pair of twins pushing their own little stroller while their grandma walked with them and pushed their stroller. They were two years old and so adorable. The little boy, Avi, came up and said hi to me and the little girl, Lily, waved at me the entire time as she walked by. Their grandma said that it was their favorite thing to do, to push their baby strollers, and follow her like little chicks. I love adorable kids and nice people. The world would be a better place, don't you think?

No comments: