Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July Walking Tour of SF

So let me recount yesterday for you. Around noon Sean and I went to look at a bike for me. I got a Schwinn Ranger 2.6 FS for $90. Not bad. It's a sweet bicycle. An entry level, but it'll do for me. Sean's been looking for a bike, but no luck yet. We picked up lunch; I went to Little Bangkok and Sean went to Milano Pizza.

We came back and planned to go to the Fireworks down by the pier. We were planning on leaving at 6 pm. We actually didn't get to leave until 8 pm since the boys were playing Halo. =( Anyways, we tried to wait for a bus, but after 20 minutes decided to walk and find a taxi. We ended up walking 3.5 miles before we found one. (below)

He drove us to Taylor and Columbus Ave. (below)

We walked up Columbus and then Jones St. to the pier. There was tons of people walking in the opposite direction since we got there too late. We caught this cool show in a patio area north of Joseph Conrad Park. Then we walked around looking for a bus/taxi. It ended up being almost a circle. We were at a corner (Francisco and Jones) when 5 more people showed up waiting for a taxi. So we decided to walk a couple of blocks until we got to Chestnut and Leavenworth. (below)


Awesome performer in the patio area.

He was surrounded by a huge crowd.

Blurry Sean and Ty enjoying the dancing and singing.

See my video at the bottom. The performer is playing Stand By Me.

We finally caught a taxi and he took us home. Thank goodness. We tried calling 3 different taxi companies but they were too busy or didn't want to drive down to the area due to grid lock and traffic. (below)


The total mileage of our walk/taxi around San Francisco in our search for the fireworks.

So now my legs are mush and I'm tired. Really tired. Sean and I are going to take the Muni into the city in a bit. Wish us luck! Hopefully no 5 mile walk today.

No comments: